HP TouchSmart IQ510 & WMA Music Files Problems.

Big L 266 22:58 20 Jan 2009

Hello. I bought a brand new HP TouchSmart IQ510 from PC World on 3/1/09.From day one,it is unable to play a complete music track in full without either it 'skipping', 'hopping' or 'jumping' like an 45 record.

The 36000 tracks were transferred by PC World from an external hard drive originally taken from a Aries PC System with Windows XP Home with SP3 computer bought in 2005,and transferred to my new computer which has Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 system.

Despite daily complaints to either PC World, The Tech Guys (Instore and online)and HP themselves, they cannot find any reason for these tracks not to play.Even ripping new cds direct to the new computer has the same effect of 'skipping etc.(I know about Consumer Affairs and my 'rights' already and won't need assistance on this matter.)

Today,voluntarily,PC World head office admitted there is a 'known problem' about this but refused to elaborate. HP deny this saying there is no problem.I'm doing battle with HP tomorrow and wonder if you know what this 'known problem' is when playing music in WMA?

If you own an HP TouchSmart IQ510,and you know what is meant by 'known problems' in playing WMA music files,would you care to part company with such information before I do battle with HP tomorrow please? All 36000 tracks are were originally ripped in Windows Media Audio at 192kbps and taking up 163Gb on the hard drive.

I'm looking forward to your kind help please. Thank you in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?