HP "Solution Centre"

McTaurus 17:03 27 Nov 2009

I have a HP C6280, running on Vista. Recently (I think as a result of a Windows automatic update) the "Solution Centre" window opens as a complete blank. (This window allows access to scan settings etc.) This means that I can do nothing with the printer other than print, or copy by the use of the buttons on the front of the printer. I cannot scan or adjust settings for scans etc.

Any ideas? I could remove ALL the Windows updates from the past few weeks, but . . . . !!

Sparkly 17:23 27 Nov 2009

McTaurus try reinstalling the software that came with the printer or a system restore to before when the problem started.

shellship 18:02 27 Nov 2009

Sparkly is quite right and that should work OK but if it does not, then you can get into an online dialogue with HP technician which should sort you out. I have found them v helpful when I have had a problem. I use my Solution Centre for all scanning and would be lost without it.

McTaurus 18:14 27 Nov 2009

Sorry, I should have added that I have today downloaded an updated version of the software for the printer direct from HP - to no avail. It is difficult to identify when the problem started as I do not use the Solution Centre every week. System Restore might well solve the immediate problem, but will delete the Windows updates too, which is clearly not advisable!

morddwyd 19:59 27 Nov 2009

"you can get into an online dialogue with HP technician which should sort you out."

No longer available to UK customers, just e-mail help.

HP software is notoriously flakey - I have just the ability to scan to MS Word after downloading the "updated" version of the software

HP say they are "working on it".

System restore is unlikely to work (it's not a system file problem, you could yry an uninstall and reload your original software, but that's also pretty hit and miss.

You could try an L3 uninstall, but I normally find that it requires a full reinstall (not a repair) of the o/s.

blazon 82 20:46 27 Nov 2009

Suggest you navigate to the HP folder,
digitalimaging/bin and click on hpqdirec

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?