HP Scanjet 5470c failure of ADF c9866a attachment

Crane 14:21 17 Jul 2006

I always read PC Advisor reviews and have always followed the advice given before purchasing equipment.

In November 2002 I bought an HP Scanjet 5470c that PC Advisor recommended (from Evesham) and later, in February 2003, I purchased an ADF C9866a unit to fit the Scanjet from the Hewlett-Packard online store.

In February 2006 the ADF unit developed a fault. A false 'ADF paper jam' message was returned and paper remained in the input tray if an attempt was made to use the unit.

I then spent six weeks or so trying to locate the cause of the fault so that a remedy could be found.

This included contacting the HP UK helpline on a number of occasions, talking at length to HP technical support in, presumably, India, and exchanging numerous emails with HP Total Care in the USA.

I was told by HP technical support to purchase a new ADF unit, which I did, and later, when this was found not to provide a solution, another new ADF unit was sent from HP without charge.

I gave up trying to resolve this problem, but I really need a scanner with an automatic document feed.

The last thing that I did was to send a final email to HP and to post the same text in the feedback form on the HP website, in the hope that someone at HP would be able to resolve the problem, but I have received no answer.

The scanner base unit still works perfectly, as a stand alone unit, and I have three ADF units that may, or may not, be faulty.

My problem is that I do not now know what to do next.

There doesn't seem much point in buying another HP product if HP customer services cannot offer a better level of support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?