hp scanjet 3670 Vista problem

Prewch 16:47 19 Jun 2008

Having bought a new computer with Windows Vista operating system

I have just downloaded and installed the hp software for Vista (setup_full_2436) for my scanjet 3670.

When I start HP Solution Centre I get the following message in a pop up.

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unaavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SolutionCenter.msi'in the box below."

The source shown in the 'Use Source' dropdown is

C:\Users\MGPREW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\pftD192.tmp\setup\
SolutionCenter\

I have used search to try to locate this setup file without success.

I have also searched the hp support website without success.

Help please

M Prewer

Prewch 12:53 08 Jan 2009

Eventually I have found the solution which is given below and it works.

I understand that you are getting a message when the computer boots up saying 'SolutionCenter' the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk or network resource that is not available. And it looks for a CD. These types of errors happen because installation of a software application has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or a registry entry was removed.

To resolved the issue, we need to clean-up the SolutionCenter.msi entry using the Windows CleanUp utility. This will prevent the message which looks for the CD everytime when is started.

To download the Windows CleanUp utility, please use the below link: click here

Open the webpage, and then scroll the webpage, click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now". Or you may click on the FTP Link as under:

click here

A Window with 'Run' and 'Save' button will pop.

1.Click on Save button
2.Select Desktop in the "Save In' drop down list in the Save As screen and click on the 'Save' button and go ahead to download the driver to your computer's Desktop.
3.After the file is saved to the desktop, go to the computer's desktop and double click on the downloaded file named msicuu2.exe and select RUN.
4.Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.

After the installation is completed, follow the below steps to open Windows CleanUp utility:

1.Click Start
2.click 'All Programs' (or 'Programs')
3.Click Windows Installer Clean Up Utility. A dialog box will be displayed that contains a message, a list of installed products, and four buttons.
4.Select 'SolutionCenter' in the list and click on 'Remove' button to uninstall the entry.
5. Restart the computer to enable the steps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?