hp scan

el jimbo2 19:01 12 May 2008

How do I get my hp1205 psc to scan? ( yes, I have been to the hp website.)

bremner 19:45 12 May 2008

Have you installed the HP Software or are you using another scanning software?

What O/S?

el jimbo2 19:04 13 May 2008

win xp.

My drivers are upto date. Where is the scan button on the programme (which programme am I looking for?)

sinbads 19:24 13 May 2008

not sure ;but do you have a hp director suite in your programs? i beleive you can scan and carry out other tasks within the suite.

el jimbo2 16:20 14 May 2008

Yes, now I remember. Along time ago I used to use hp director. Can I get it from the hp site?

sinbads 22:09 16 May 2008

should be on the installation disk that came with your printer, however software and driver can be downloaded click here this is for xp,

el jimbo2 17:07 22 May 2008

Thanks guys, the director was there but under a different name so I didn't recgnise.

But when I press the scan button it comes up with device not connected; even though it is and printing fine.

Must be a hardware problem

sinbads 18:16 22 May 2008

No its a Hp software problem, I had the 1205 nothing but trouble particulary the scan side.

I have since sent it to, hopefully a suitable land fill site, must admit my health has improved, i am no longer addicted to paracetamol and my hair is growing back.

I was continually uninstalling removing any traces of the 1205 and then reinstalling the software, then it would work for a while, only to have to repeat this over again if i wanted to use the scanner.

Hp didn,t/wouldn't solve this issue and seems from what you say still haven't. You have my sympathy, hope you find the cure.

regards

woodchip 23:44 22 May 2008

You need to reload Twain Drivers for the scanner

woodchip 23:45 22 May 2008

You need to reload Twain Drivers for the scanner,

PS as it been disabled in MSCONFIG

el jimbo2 00:14 23 May 2008

Interesting advice, I checked msconfig but couldn't find the twain driver.

Sinbads, your hair grew back? I could do with that.

Its good to heAR i'm not the only one sufferring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017