HP Recovery Partion

woodchip 12:42 15 Sep 2010

How would I expand it in Explorer like C:\ Partition. It just throws up a Box about HP Recovery Partition and changing Files or Deleting Them. I have done some searching including Disc Manager but cannot see how they have locked the Partition to the above for me to look inside at the files. Any Ideas.

I have in System Tools\options got settings to show all files

This is XP home

lotvic 13:21 15 Sep 2010

All I could find is

"to view files in D partition ( usually shows a yellow lock icon) ...
download winrar archiver.(click here) I used version 3.51
install and open the winrar program
then select view files, and select the D drive which is the recovery partition drive for my compaq laptop... open which ever file you want by double clicking. "

and
"unlock the HP recovery partition using one of my favorite tools called 'febooti file tweak' and changing all the attributes on the directories and their contents to none. Then I saved the whole thing to one huge ISO. Not much in there is usable for the average user, but you can access most (or all) of the drivers. I then reset the attributes to 'hidden' and 'system' and was able to run the normal HP recovery process with no hiccups."

and
"I have managed to gain access to the files and folders on the drive through
the command line with use of the attrib -h -r -s command/switches.
I would like to use the attrib command to "unlock" the D: drive but I cannot
remember how I did it on my other computer."
"Use a compression utility to view the files.
Use something like jZip, 7-zip, winzip, winrar, bitzipper."

also click here is well worth a read as how to make more than one copy of backup DVD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:25 15 Sep 2010

probably locked out using the security tab (not accessible in XP home)

click here

woodchip 13:37 15 Sep 2010

Looks a bit dickey, So think I will leave it. As I do have the restore CD's if I needed them plus Acronis Images. So I could say if needed I could remove the Partition Having the Acronis Image if I wanted, So thanks for the help, but will leave as is. Thought there may have been a easy way to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?