Hp psc 2355 prints ok but scanner not recognised

awest3 13:09 01 Jun 2009

Hi - Vista sp2, 4gb ram, dual procssor...

I've got an HP psc2355 all-in-one printer. I've just come to scan in a photo and the scanner is not being recognised. I've tried it in Picasa2, word amd excel...no joy. I've checked with HP diagnostics and it says software is up to date and working ok...I've diconnected and reconnected it and it beeps each time so the computer knows it there...any ideas folks...I've not tried to scan for a while now ..thinking about ity not since I installed SP2.

Thanks Al

xania 13:21 01 Jun 2009

By coincidence, when I bought a replacement all-in-one HP for my wife over the weekend, I had the same problem, and this was becuase, altrhough I removed the old printer software, I didn't bother to remove the old scanner software, so it failed to reinstall the correct versions.

Even if this is not exactly your problem, when you installed the printer, you may not have installed the scanner software. When you do install the scanner software, an icon should appear on your desktop providing the access to all the tools you need.

IMHO, the best approach is to uninstall all the printer software, making sure that the folder (I think its something like C:\Program file\HP\) is deleted, and then run a comkplete re-install. Be4 alert to the fact that you may have a wait after the prionter has installed before the other software installs, and you may have to slect to install it separately. Unfortunately, the manuals are not particualrly specific so make sure you install everything from the DVD.

awest3 13:57 01 Jun 2009

thanks..I'll give it a go and report back

awest3 17:34 01 Jun 2009

Turned out to be quite interesting..I could not find any HP programs at all on the disk..! even revo uninstaller could not find anything....to cut a long story sort I simply downloaded from HP (164 meg) and reinstalled. remember HP diagnostics said everything was ok and working normally prior to me downloading the drivers again..anyway all working again..thanks for your help..!
Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?