HP psc 2210 allinone-no run problem

jack 16:45 01 Jun 2009

Some time ago visiting one of my flock- he pointed out this machine- 'It just sits and 'ticks' no matter what I do'

To day visiting him on another matter I noticed a new Lexmark Laser Monster in the HP's place and that machine on the floor.
I dealt with the current problem[I hope - konfliker virus] and as I was on my Way out - He said - Take that with you - indicating the duff HP.

Well now I have it sitting next to me soft ware installed ready to go.
It no longer ticks in stand alone or computer mode.
But on switch on the screens say 'Press enter to Align cartridges- so I did and the got a page of black square - and coloured ticks with screen still asking to align the cartridges.
As I type this I have Fixyourownprinter forum search running- but.......
Any ideas any one?

Sea Urchin 16:56 01 Jun 2009

You probably need to place the page of black squares/coloured ticks onto the scanner and press scan to complete the alignment.

Sea Urchin 16:59 01 Jun 2009

The again - maybe not. This should give you some food for thought.

click here

jack 17:33 01 Jun 2009

Its amazing what can be achieved with a laptop on you lap sitting on a rock in the sea;-}
That link fixed it.
Now I have yet another Free printer

Sea Urchin 17:41 01 Jun 2009

.....it's OK in the fine weather :@)

shellship 19:02 01 Jun 2009

I've had my PSC 2210 for many years now and it's just as good as it was when I bought it and when it cost something over £250. You have got yourself a real bargain. Make sure you download all the latest software for it - makes it very versatile.

jack 19:43 01 Jun 2009

I phoned the guy to tell him I had got it going.
And tongue in cheek asked -' Do you want it back?'
I imagined that with the Lexmark Laser Monster in the spot he was bound to say 'No you keep it'

But he didn't he said 'Oh really- yes please drop it round will you.
Huh that's retired bank managers for you - tight arsed in the job and tight arsed in retirement
I reckon I'll tell him buy me a litre of a good single malt for me to console my self with.

jack 17:08 03 Jun 2009

So I thought that's it- Done
Then I had a thought- before I take it back - check that it works as a 'Stand alone- as a copier

Different story - It initiates- Then goes into Warm up and Stays there .
So more poking to do.
Have downloaded some pages of the Manual - but any suggestions would be welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?