HP PSC 1510 will only take 1 sheet of paper!

QinesiQ 02:37 19 Oct 2007

Hi
My partners HP PSC 1510 will only take 1 sheet of paper at a time. I have tried inserting various numbers of (crisp clean) printing paper and the rollers go around but no paper is taken.
I’ve taken the back off to check for jams and to clean the rollers but there is nothing obvious.
Any thoughts?

ambra4 03:30 19 Oct 2007

You using the wrong paper slot or not pushing in the paper into the printer far enough

Check this site

click here

€dstowe 07:46 19 Oct 2007

If the printer is well used (euphemism for old or worn out) it could be that the feed rollers are either worn away so that they no longer grip the paper properly or they have worn smooth. With the first there isn't a lot that can be done easily. With the second the use of a pencil rubber (eraser on the end of a pencil) to roughen the roller surface can sometimes help.

QinesiQ 00:35 20 Oct 2007

sorry for the late response i'm on oz time.

Hi €dstowe - thank you interesting comment - I like the eraser idea. from what my other half said the problem arose a few months after purchase (but he did nothing!). since posting i googled and it appears a common issue (or conversely it grabs too much paper).

ambra4 - I've tried loading/reloading the paper (through the front ;-))flicking through it etc and there is only so far you can push it into the printer (and I don't want to cause the problem other owners are having where it takes too much/jams constantly).

Thanks anyway

QinesiQ 03:15 23 Oct 2007

well it turns out that it will not turn on and when i can get it to turn on the lights on the front panel flash randomly. so i'm guessing that its screwed (to use the technical term of course)!

i'll tick resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?