HP psc 1205

March Wind 12:09 21 Sep 2013

Using windows XP. this is a all in one printer and scanner. I downloaded the driver to do with this printer I downloaded it for Photosmart Software. I would like to scan something but it has not registered the all in one so I cannot do it. But it has registered it as a printer. I really want to print text, also scann documents. Help please

onthelimit1 12:26 21 Sep 2013

Did you download the official one from here?

spuds 13:24 21 Sep 2013

I had a problem with an HP Photosmart printer, and contacting HP support was told to download and try another driver from the Photosmart range. Not sure, because it was quite some time ago, what driver I used, but it seemed to work.

One suggestion that I would try, is removing all trace of the printer install from the computer, then try a new re-install (if you still have the original installation disk), and see if that works. If that doesn't work, then get the install downloads from the HP website.

March Wind 12:11 06 Oct 2013

I still have the down load on the PC under Add & remove I have been told to reinstall and then try and delete it but as it was a few weeks ago I wouldn't know where I got the download from.

I still have the down load on the PC under Add & remove I have been told to reinstall and then try and delete it but as it was a few weeks ago I wouldn't know where I got the download from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?