HP Programmes

Ghylly 10:49 19 Nov 2008

I have recently purchased a new pc and reloaded 2 HP printers (LaserJet 1022 and Photosmart D5460)and a scanner (ScanJet 4850). When I loaded the software for them, the following programs have been added to my pc :-
HP Solutions Centre 10.0
HP Photosmart Essentials (3 copies!)
HP Imaging Device Functions 10.0
HP OCR Software 7.0
HP Product Detection

What I would like to know is whether I can uninstall any or all of this software safely without affecting the operation/performace of my printers/scanner?

The Brigadier 11:15 19 Nov 2008

You normally get a choice on what to install from the drivers/software cd.

FreeCell 12:14 19 Nov 2008

Photosmart essentials is software to allow image manipulation/photo editing so you only need one copy unless you have an alternative you use, in which case remove all of them.

HP Imaging allows you to control the scanner and HP OCR allows you to perform optical character recognition (scanning documents into word processing programs to allow you to edit them etc). You want scanning but maybe never use the OCR facility.

Solution Centre provides control software for printing. Do not uninstall

HP Product Detection assists trouble shooting by directing you to the right resources on the net based on your HP products installed. Not vital to normal operation, but probably not taking up much space.

sunnystaines 13:57 19 Nov 2008

keep them all they are handy, I keep mine. if you want to uninstall do them one at a time using ccleaner, any probs put them back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires