HP Printers/Scanners/Copiers - UGH!

Procrastinus 15:51 17 Nov 2006

Just over a year ago I got a HP All-in-One, and while it worked it was OK. Now the scanner is bust and there are various other problems - so I am considerably less than happy, especially after light usage. Therefore any recommendations for a printer/scanner/copier costing about £70 but NOT Hewlett Packard would be appreciated. Thanks.

anskyber 15:57 17 Nov 2006

When you say its bust do you mean its unusable or its not responding to commands?

Procrastinus 16:41 17 Nov 2006

Thanks anskyber for your reply. Scanning produces a half page totally black and the print cartridges will not align. Have been onto HP Support and they do not seem to be able to help; just say get it serviced - but after one year of light use I think it might be a waste of money.

anskyber 16:42 17 Nov 2006

In the back of my mind was has it occured since (if) you have upgraded to IE7?

Procrastinus 17:04 18 Nov 2006

Actually no, anskyber, it all went to belly up when I installed a new colour cartridge - from HP naturally. I have replaced old one for trial, uninstalled and reinstalled. Perhaps the quality is such that they are only meant to last for two cartridge changes! Lexmark any good?

Technotiger 17:14 18 Nov 2006

click here

I prefer Epson.

Cheers.

Procrastinus 16:49 20 Nov 2006

Many thanks Technotiger - No more HP for me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?