HP Printer up Swanee! Help!

hatrickj 13:11 29 Mar 2007

I have an HP5150 printer, connected by USB to my Evesham computer, which has failed to print, I have tried it off and on line and follwed the trouble shooter. Tried to print from cmd prompt and notepad as instructed, uninstalled and tried to reinstall using supplied disk but to no avail. With reinstall it got to the final knockings and the install hung long enough for me to do a couple of Sudoku puzzles! I am tearing hair out. Should I give up and buy a replacement, or do friends here have any thoughts, please?

Diversion 13:43 29 Mar 2007

You can try restoring your system to a point when you knew the printer was working, and if doesn't work then it dosen't look good. You can always undo the last system restore whatever the result.

hatrickj 16:58 29 Mar 2007

Doh, never thought of that! Dtd abother install and zilch and then realised rhat with all the fiddlibg around I'f disconnected pwer cable, Tried again and finally managed to get sucessful reinstall. Goodness knows why it all went pearshaped in first place. Must say that installation always seems a tad fiffly and lengthy. Fo that 5150 is nit a favourite.

hatrickj 16:59 29 Mar 2007

resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone