HP printer not printing from Vista laptop

ranch 08:44 02 Jun 2008

Have recently replaced laptop with Samsung R60Plus laptop (Vista).
My old printer is HP Deskjet 5552 which printed fine with old XP laptop.
Have installed software from cd and tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Computer indicates that software installed OK.
I can print normally from emails and can print web pages by Saving Page as download and then printing from the download file but it doesn't work with all pages also format is not correct as it would be done from normal print (Ctrl+P).
If I try to print a bank statement, for example from Halifax, by clicking print it does not respond - the printer icon comes up in task bar but indicates 0 documents for printing and the printer power lamp flashes for a few minutes but does not print the document.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Ranch.

The Kestrel 08:54 02 Jun 2008

I had a similar problem when i bought a new PC with vista. It could be that you need updated drivers for the printer. If you go, to the HP support website, you should be able to find out whether there are new drivers to support vista for your printer. click here

ranch 11:10 02 Jun 2008

Thanks for your reply.
I tried the HP website and downloaded the advised helper but it has not solved the problem. Tried disconnecting and restarting both but still the same.
Any further ideas?
Thanks.
Ranch.

The Kestrel 16:58 02 Jun 2008

Did you download and install the vista drivers from click here ?

ranch 17:08 02 Jun 2008

Yes I installed from click here.
Also had the printer tested and all found OK (green tick). The test print works OK from the test site but still cannot print a page from the Halifax Bank account printer friendly page - it just comes up with a printer icon in task bar but says no documents (0) pending. The printer does start to flash as normal but doesn't do anything!

The Kestrel 20:23 02 Jun 2008

Is it only printing from the Halifax web page that causes the problem? Can you print other files, either from your hard drive and/or from other web pages now you downloaded the new drivers?

ranch 07:37 03 Jun 2008

I cannot print anything directly from the webpage using the print icon or CTRL+P.
I can print normally from my files in Documents or Downloads or from emails - all normal here.

With my previous XP Home laptop I could print anything from a webpage or from a bank account etc but now I can only print if I save the page to my documents. Could it be that Vista is blocking me from printing from a webpage for some security reason?
Ranch.

ranch 09:14 03 Jun 2008

I forgot something - this new laptop came with a free trial of Office 2007. I have activated the trial but don't really use it and will not continue after the 60 days trial. However, when I download say a Halifax account page to print and I click on print it automatically goes to Office and allows me to print it in the Office format. Could the Office 2007 be affecting the printing?

The Kestrel 15:06 03 Jun 2008

I have vista home premium and my web printing is OK, there was no need to alter the default settings. I usually print a web page using the print icon at the top of the web page screen. Have you tried printing the page that way? Alternatively try right clicking on the page and select print.

The Kestrel 15:08 03 Jun 2008

Sorry just read you earlier post carefully and see you have already tried using the icon. I'm at work at the moment and this PC is XP. I'll look at the printer settings on my vista PC when I get home.

The Kestrel 15:11 03 Jun 2008

Just did a Google search and found this forum click here . It might be worth a search and/or entering a thread on your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?