HP Printer D1470 and internet options

lufbra 11:58 16 Dec 2008

When I first had this printer I could Pick out an area on a website so that it could be printed. I seem to have lost this useful capability. Anyone Know why?

recap 12:05 16 Dec 2008

Check for the latest driver for your printer.

Sea Urchin 12:12 16 Dec 2008

When you go to File menu and select "Print" your options in Print Range should be:

All

Pages from xx to xx

Selection

Selection will be greyed out until you highlight something on a webpage - are you saying that Selection is no longer showing at all?

lufbra 13:24 16 Dec 2008

i get the screen and selection is greyed out but how do I then highlight something. What used to happen was that the part I highlighted was surrounded by a box which you could make larger or smaller

recap 13:53 16 Dec 2008

You could try the following:
Left click at the beginning of the text/graphic that you want to print, scroll to the end hold the shift key down and left click again. All the required text/graphic should now be highlighted. Right click in the highlighted area and select print.

lufbra 14:49 16 Dec 2008

I can highlight in that way but it used to surround the selection with a box which you could adjust to any size or shape you wanted. Now it simply blues out the selection

recap 20:20 16 Dec 2008

Uninstall the software and driver then click here and download the software and drivers.

To install the software click here

recap 20:21 16 Dec 2008

Sorry that should read "To uninstall the software"

Sea Urchin 23:42 16 Dec 2008

I know in Excel that you can select the Print Area from the File menu and print from that - but I'm not aware that you could ever do that in IE

lufbra 17:03 17 Dec 2008

to recap
I will try that but I have something I MUST print out on Friday and I don't want the printer to go wrong

lufbra 17:14 17 Dec 2008

I tried to use the diagnostic tool but the "click here" thing disappears before your eyes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?