hp power supply warning

conrail 16:12 30 May 2010

runing hp pavillion pc with vista home premium 64 bit, today I have received an email aparently from hp, part of which I am adding here:
'Important Safety Recall announced 5/14/2009
HP Notebook PC Battery Pack Replacement Program
May 19, 2010 – PROGRAM EXPANSION
HP is sending you this notice because HP has expanded a worldwide voluntary recall and replacement program in cooperation with various government agencies. HP has added battery packs to the replacement program originally announced on May 14, 2009'
to check if genuine I have been onto the hp site to email hp, unfortunately it asks when I purchased the pc and the power pack serial number, 1) I can't remember; 2) I am unable to get down to check behind the pc due to leg problems so cannot contact hp without these, I am supposed to visit click here. to validate my battery. can anybody confirm if it is genuine or not please, many thanks

Sea Urchin 16:33 30 May 2010

Looks genuine to me click here

but just to be absolutely sure instead of clicking on the link in your email type it into your browser instead. The address is genuine (or you could access it from here)

click here

conrail 16:37 30 May 2010

thanks Sea Urchin, I am always wary of emails, your links informed me it was notebook batteries, I have a desktop pc, notebooks wasn't mentioned in the email so no worries, once again thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache