HP Photosmart wireless prints photos too large!

Guady 09:48 02 Feb 2011

I've just installed the above printer and am having a problem when printing photos! They are enormous! The same thing happens when I scan a photo - it comes in huge. Documents are fine and print in the original size, also scan into laptop original size. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone any suggestions for how to remedy this problem, please? I've looked at Help but it just doesn't seem to cover my problem! The laptop uses Win7 64bit - and the wireless works fine - so I just need to sort out the size issue and all will be great! Hope someone can help, Thanks.

Nontek 10:29 02 Feb 2011

Before clicking on 'Print' check your Printer Settings, there should be the option to set size.

Scanning - you could be using wrong DPI, try DPI 300.

hastelloy 10:35 02 Feb 2011

Nontek is right - its not you printer that's at fault - all digital cameras take shots which are huge and you need to resize before printing. I use a photo editing software for this but I guess there is a way of doing it on the printer if you're printing direct from the camera/memory card.

BRYNIT 11:51 02 Feb 2011

It will depend on the program you are using to print the photos. When you click on print the print box will appear. You should find somewhere fit to frame or scale to fit media, this should adjust the picture to the paper size especially if you are using 6X4 photo paper.

Guady 21:38 04 Feb 2011

Many thanks - I'll give these a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017