HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 Freeze

Tonsie 14:23 17 Nov 2009

Signed in on photosmart then it froze,the mouse
pointer became a spinning disc and I had to do a
Ctrl+Alt+Delete.HP recommended unistall-install.
I used the software CD but no go just the same.
I then did a Windows uninstall and an install from
the Web the HP Customercare and still no joy.
Any advice.
Tonsie

Tonsie 11:49 18 Nov 2009

Well well no replies I'am not surprised,HP also
did not know the answer to this problem.At HP support forum many users of this Photosmart Essential 3.5 have the very same freeze.
So now I will try Picasa 3. any thoughs?
Regards
Tonsie

legalrep 22:02 18 Nov 2009

Hi Tonsie I had similar problems after purchasing a HP C6300 printer. After installing all the bundled software I had problems with 3.5, in the end I just had to uninstall it, like you I asked for help on this forum with a deafening silence so if I were you uninstall it and forget about it! The ironic thing about it all is I have an HP laptop an HP printer HP software and it doesn't work!!!!!

Cuddles 22:21 18 Nov 2009

I have just installed 3.5 on a pc and a laptop and have not had any problems so far, i downloaded it from the Hp website for the pc and from a disc for the laptop, i stll prefer Picassa 3 as it is a lot more flexible without being biased towards a manufacturer.

Tonsie 12:07 19 Nov 2009

Well legalrep and cuddles this another fine mess
HP has got us users in.The one item I like about
Photosmart was the Flip tab,so it looks like Picasa 3 is the winner.
Many Thanks
Tonsie.

Tonsie 11:45 20 Nov 2009

Just reminder cuddles and other users of HP
Photosmart Essential 3.5 DO NOT sign in,this
creates the freeze.I used the program for months
with no bother until the first time I signed in.
I hope this helpful.
Tonsie

Tonsie 15:34 30 Dec 2009

At last the problem with Photosmart Essential 3.5
has been resolved.Not by HP Support,but by users
of HP forums.I once again installed Photosmart Essential 3.5,placed a photo to scan in printer and in HP solution centre click on Transfer not
scan.The image was then sent into the Photosmart
Essential 3.5.I was then able to sign out,and open
the Photo library,so all is working once again.
Friends on these Forums should be commended for all advice given.
Regards Tonsie

TheGrumpyOldGit 22:55 02 Aug 2011

HP Photosmart Essentials 3.5 Freezing strong textTonsie, Thank you, thank you, thank you!strong text I've been trying for many months to resolve this problem and thanks to you or someone on the HP Forums I have now fixed the bug in just a few seconds. I've lost count of the number of times I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, as I found it very useful for various editing.

To anyone else having the same problem, just follow the few simple steps in Tonsie's post and once you've managed to log out, remember....... DO NOT log in again!strong text

TheGrumpyOldGit 22:59 02 Aug 2011

Photosmart Essentials 3.5 Freezing Tonsie, Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been trying for many months to resolve this problem and thanks to you or someone on the HP Forums I have now fixed the bug in just a few seconds. I've lost count of the number of times I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, as I found it very useful for various editing.

To anyone else having the same problem, just follow the few simple steps in Tonsie's post and once you've managed to log out, remember....... DO NOT log in again!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone