HP Photosmart D7360

playmofire 14:06 23 Oct 2007

I'm using a Fujitsu Seimens laptop with Vista Home Premium and a HP Photosmart D7360 printer. The printer has worked fine until the last few days but now whenever the computer hibernates or is shutdown it appears to lose the printer drivers. Downloadiu them.ng the drivers and reinstalling soled it for a time, but now it's worse than ever - it's becoming impossible to print. I spoke to HP who weren't really helpful, just saying (a) it was a known problem surely, if it's a known problem they should offer an automatic update) and (b) there was a solution on their website. I've checked their website, but can find no help at all and I've emailed them about the problem and am now waiting for a solution from them. However, I would like to print something today, so, apart from downloading and reinstalling again and never letting my laptop hibernate or tunring it off, does any one have a solution, please?

skidzy 14:45 23 Oct 2007

Not a lot of help really,but check the print spooler is running.

start / and type
services.msc
and enter

Scroll through to the print spooler service and check its set to auto.

Thats about it im afraid.Your not alone with problems once Vista comes out of hibernation.

playmofire 16:46 23 Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion but the print spooler is set to auto. As the printer was fine at first, I can only assume that some Vista update of HP update has fouled things up. However, trying a system restore earlier this week failed so there's no hope there. I'll see what HP themselves come up with and post here again. Meanwhile, any other possible solutions are welcome.

woodchip 16:52 23 Oct 2007

Try rebooting not Hibernate.It looses all kinds of things

playmofire 15:38 27 Oct 2007

Hi woodchip - the problem was there with reboots too.

I emailed HP and got a response within a day with two possible solutions. However, in the meantime the problem had gone just as suddenly as it had appeared!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?