HP Photosmart C6180 Printing Problems

sparky boy 22:47 03 Apr 2007

I have recently installed this all in one and when I print the icon appears in the system tray as it should. Yet every few seconds a red "?" appears and printing stalls. When I double click the icon the windows printing window opens and next to the document it says error.

after a few seconds the "?" dissapears and the printing resumes only to stall again in a couple of seconds.
I have changed the USB Lead and the printer USB is fitted direct in the rear of my pc.

any thoughts?

Technotiger 22:55 03 Apr 2007

Hi, I am not familiar with your printer having always used Epson, but when you installed the software, did you wait until it asked you to connect the Printer (this is what usually happens, certainly with Epsons). I think most installations would be similar in this respect, so if you installed the software with the printer already connected it could possibly cause this hiccup. - or - perhaps, ink cartridges are not seated correctly, or may be faulty.

Does it give any clues when it says 'error'?

Technotiger 22:56 03 Apr 2007

PS - or it could be a Paper feed error?

sparky boy 23:03 03 Apr 2007

I always wondered if it was a feed problem. I have just taken out the paper shook it up etc and reinstalled. And printed 2 pages with no probles. That may be it
Thanks

Technotiger 06:42 04 Apr 2007

OK grreat, if it does prove to be ok after further testing, don't forget the Green Tick (Resolved).

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?