HP Photosmart C5180 Printer freezes PC

TbN 10:10 09 Jul 2007

I have the HP Photosmart C5180 Printer installed via USB cable to a Dell Dimension C521 64-bit PC running Vista Home Premium. Since installing the printer I have the following on-going problems. 1) Sending more than 2 copies of the same page to print freezes the PC. I can't use the PC until the printing has finished. Resource monitor is not showing any excessive CPU or memory hogging.
2) Send multiple copies of a page, and it only does a part print. i.e. send 20 pages and it only prints 16 pages and a half page then stops
3) Send multiple copies of a page, and the spooling can take 10-15mins

Have tried disconnecting from the internet and stopping AV and Firewall services and nothing makes a difference.

Print quality is great and it's a lovely printer so would prefer to solve than return, but am wondering if it's faulty?

Any ideas?

alan2273 12:43 09 Jul 2007

If you installed the drivers of the CD that came with the all-in-one they are XP drivers, you need to go to the HP site and download the Vista drivers which is a 159mb download.
32bit drivers and software here:
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers 159.05M
click here

64bit drivers and software here:
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers 159.05M
click here

TbN 17:10 09 Jul 2007

Thanks Alan. There was a vista CD in the box which I installed originally. Then uninstalled and installed the one on the HP website, using cutom install avoiding the unescessary downloads of customer experience programme etc!
I'm wondering if it's to do with the 2 files I was using. One had an image on it plus text (156kb), the other 2 images and text (420Kb) although file sizes small! Sent anther file to a x10 print today and no problems, so seems to be intermittant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires