HP Photosmart C4585 printing problem

abbott8 08:25 18 Apr 2009

I have just got the above printer/scanner and after installing and updating the supplied software I am suffering with the printer printing 3 copies of each page. I have tried uninstaling and re-installing but with the same result. on the print queue under pages it says 3/1, not 1/3,/2/3 etc as you would expect.

I am running windows vista on a HP laptop HP G60 with 3 gb ram and 250 gb hard disk. any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Mark

abbott8 11:48 19 Apr 2009

I have since installed an older printer that works with no problems at all, uninstalled it and reinstalled the hp printer with still the same problem.

provider 2 12:01 19 Apr 2009

This of any help?

click here

abbott8 12:08 19 Apr 2009

thanks, I have aleady tried all of these suggestions before posting on this forum. I have also sent an e-mail to HP explainin the problem and I am awaiting yet another reply from them to see if I can fix it this time, I've even uninstalled all my other programs to see if this will help but with no joy.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion.

Mark

provider 2 12:34 19 Apr 2009

OK

The only other thing I would like to suggest is that you use this page click here to see whether your machine needs an updated driver.

The one "PC to device communication" might be relevant.

abbott8 17:10 19 Apr 2009

thanks once again provider 2 but I think I am going to have to wait for HP to respond as your suggestion hasn't helped. many thanks anyway.

Mark.

provider 2 17:20 19 Apr 2009

Welcome.

Please come back and tell us what happens and how you`ve got on.

jrldallas 07:50 02 Oct 2011

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem and am not finding much joy searching the web

-=ShR33k=- 11:05 03 Oct 2011

jrldallas,

I'm guessing this thread is dead, however - this came up in a top 5 Google search and if it helps, I think I may of found the solution and if anyone else has the same problem and stumbles across this thread... here's the possible solution:

The popular fix seems to be to: Disabled "bidirectional support" in Properties->Ports and no more extra copies!

Failing that, HP has giving this list of instructions to another user (which didn't work for them)

Step 1: Set number of copies Pretty self explanatory, make number of copies is set to one. Had obviously already checked this so moved on to next step.

Step 2: Restart the Print Spooler device 1. Open Administrative Tools. - Click system maintenance in control panel, then click administrative tools.. 2. Double-click Services. 3. On the User Account Control window, click Continue. 4. Click Print Spooler. 5. Click Stop to stop the Print Spooler. 6. Click Start to restart the Print Spooler. 7. Click OK. 8. Restart the computer

Step 3: Print directly to the printer 1. In control panel click Hardware and sounds. 2. Right-click the printers icon. 3. Locate and click on HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One Printer icon 3. Click Properties. 4. Click the Advance tab. 5. Click Print directly to the printer. 6. Click OK

This did stop the first problem of the printer continuing to print, but left the document queued so when I sent anything else to print it got stuck in the queue and was unable to delete the first job in the queue.

Step 4: Install Alternate Drivers

jrldallas 11:54 09 Oct 2011

Thanks -=ShR33k=- the second set of instructions seemed to do it for me... finally!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?