HP Photosmart C4480 printer

Llyffant 23:01 06 Jul 2010

Hello - can anyone please help?
I have the above printer which has started being a pain - it won't print words in spreadsheets only the boxes and tonight it won't print text. I've blacked out some words in the document I'm printing - it's printing the balcked out areas but not the actual words!!
Help
Can anyone suggest anything please.
Many thanks

Ashrich 23:03 06 Jul 2010

Delete the printer from start/settings/printers , reboot the PC and let your OS find it and reload the drivers , see if that helps .

Ashley

Llyffant 23:25 06 Jul 2010

Many thanks - Ashley. Unfortunately that hasn't worked - I still have the same problem.

morddwyd 07:01 07 Jul 2010

Sounds like the application rather than the printer.

The printer simply does what the app tells it to.

Ashrich 22:18 07 Jul 2010

Of course you are right , the printer does what the app tell it to do , unless the printer driver is corrupt in which case the app may as well be speaking klingon .

Llyffant , try completely uninstalling the printer drivers from Control Panel and download some fresh ones , another thing to try is to repair Excel ( if that is what you are using ) if you Google " repair Excel " and select which version you are using , there should be a fix .

Ashley

northumbria61 23:17 07 Jul 2010
  woodchip 23:33 07 Jul 2010

Go to Printer Folder, Start/Settings/Printers right click your printer/Properties click print test page if it prints okay its your Program that's not working correctly

woodchip 23:34 07 Jul 2010

HP Printer drivers have never been very good

morddwyd 07:42 08 Jul 2010

"the app may as well be speaking klingon"

Best you check your language settings then!

Kevin-1416101 09:29 08 Jul 2010

I think you should go to control panel uninstall the printer drivers and download the fresh one....or install the printer driver again your problem will get resolve...or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?