HP Photosmart 1000 help

elliotv 19:21 30 Mar 2006

Hi, in a pickle. Have an HP Photosmart 1000 printer and trying to make it work with a laptop and desktop running XP. The printer came with the desktop originally and the OS was Win 2000. I downlaoded the software update from HP and bought a USB cable (as my laptop only has USB.

The drivers dont seem to install and there is a problem. Can anyone help me?

Totally-braindead 22:09 30 Mar 2006

Is this what you downloaded? click here It may be the file is corrupt I'd try downloading it again and have a look here click here& these are the FAQS for you printer the problem may be mentioned.
You say there is a problem, what does it say, need a bit more info, does the software appear to install and theres a problem later or what? Is there an error message?

elliotv 14:23 31 Mar 2006

thanks for the response dude, I think the patch is ok and not currupt. In the FAQ's and the link you provided I think I have to sort the registry out as there is conflict. Although on yr 'click here' which u posted it will not allow me to access the fix reg utility. Dont really want to do it manually as I cud mess it up. Do u think that the fix reg utility is safe to use straight away or should I use something like Norton Ghost to back up everything. Also, I am being thick cos I cant find the fix reg utility form yr link or from going through the HP site.

Thanks for any help - Your a God!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?