HP Pavillion dv2 - single core enough ? battery ?

jozaa 02:42 10 Apr 2009

Hi,

I am thinking of getting the dv2. However, I have a couple of hesitations and I am wondering if you could shed some light:

1- almost all the reviews from pc advisor and others indicate that it is preferable to get a dual core processor with vista. What is your view then on the dv2 with the amd single processor in terms of performance and multi tasking

2- hp claims the battery life is around 4 hours, I doubt this is the case. Most review indicate a 3 hour life and over heating of the machine. Can you pls comment or advise?

Thanks

Josef

MAJ 11:23 10 Apr 2009

If the laptop is prone to overheating, forget it, it will cause headaches later. There are lots of laptops around that aren't prone to overheating, most with dual-core processors.

jozaa 13:26 10 Apr 2009

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for someone with experience on that particular model to share. thx

canarieslover 15:25 10 Apr 2009

That particular model is so new it is very doubtful if you will get any user feedback yet. It seems that you have read the reviews and have some doubts caused by their findings. The usual rule is 'if in doubt,don't'. Personally speaking I would not like a machine where I would have to carry the DVD seperately, but then that's my opinion. If review models are overheating when new just think how prone they will be to it when a bit of dust and fluff have got inside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017