HP Pavilion Slimline S3644 - CPU Overheating

bigelf72 12:44 18 Jan 2010

I bought this from PC World just 14 mths ago. Just before Christmas the Desk Top started to produce a burning smell after 15-20 mins nad then freeze or crash. I took it to the Techguys to get it sorted as they thought that is was just a fan issue. It now appears that the CPU is overheating, due to a possible failure, this is despite the fact that the fan is working correctly. I have been told that I will need to buy a new Desk top. My argument with them is that I would expect the CPU to last longer than 14 months. As it is out of Warranty they will not repair or replace it. I have been in contact with Consumer Direct who have told me that they should repair free of charge under the sales of good act that the item is not of sufficient quality. My qusetion is do you think that the CPU should last longer than this and is this a valid explanation I have been given by the Techguys at PC Wrold?

User-1229748 13:10 18 Jan 2010

i'm certainly no expert on how long they should last but i would say that 14 months is too short a life-span :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache