HP Pavilion DV9000

parrothead 18:32 03 Oct 2009

I have an HP Pavilion DV9000, and somethingh as happened, the computer tells me when I try to delete stuff, etc, that I need to contact my administrator. I have no admin. because I bought it about 2 years ago from Best Buy. It wont even let me log onto my broadband. I had someone look at it and they said that I would have to get it set back to factory settings, but I have 1000+ pictures, and 600+ songs. How would i be able to save them, but have my computer fixed?

VoG II 19:02 03 Oct 2009

This may help click here

woodchip 19:16 03 Oct 2009

If you get into windows you should backup your files to CD or DVD before you start trying to fix things

sharpamat 19:17 03 Oct 2009

my advice would be to obtain an external Hard Drive and back up your pics, songs, and any other personal data before you do anything.

True Image or other cloneing software would still leave you with the same problems you are having now so copy them to another drive.

If you have no luck with VoGs link and still want to restore all your personal data will be safe.

If you do not have the recovary discs or the recovary partion ( discs will be best but its not the default option ) these can be obtained from HP and will cost around £30 you will need the information from your 9000 such as serial number etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?