HP Pavilion dv6-1200 Entertainment Notebook PC ser

Allan RISC OS user 17:09 22 Dec 2009

I could buy a HP Pavilion dv6-1200 Entertainment Notebook PC series - direct from HP at a discounted price, however, it has Vista Installed and no mention of a Windows 7 upgrade.

If I were to purchase it and installed my copy of Windows 7 which at present is installed on my desktop machine and reinstalled Windows XP on the desktop machine would I be breaking the copy right or some thing.

It is a genuine copy of Windows 7, but I have registered it as installed on the Desktop.

GaT7 17:11 22 Dec 2009

Yes, you can do that, as long as they're (i.e. XP & Win7) both retail copies.

How much will you be buying it for? If you use voucher code VCCODEHP at checkout, it'll take a further 10% off. G

woodchip 17:17 22 Dec 2009

Check HP for money back a lot are doing it for the Holydays

woodchip 17:19 22 Dec 2009

Holidays not Holydays

Allan RISC OS user 18:20 22 Dec 2009

I can get it for £449, but I have not as yet checked anywhere else.

The Windows XP came installed on the Desktop Machine and I purchased the Windows 7 from Dabs .com its OEM it has only been installed on the desktop which did have XP from new.

GaT7 18:33 22 Dec 2009

It'll be OK to reinstall XP on the desktop.

However, as the Win7 is OEM, you may find it a problem to install & activate it on another machine if it has been activated on the desktop.

£449 is the same price I found it at, which makes it just over £400 with the voucher code. G

Allan RISC OS user 12:23 26 Dec 2009

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?