Hp Pavilion a6027.uk Vista Backup

slimbutfat 00:24 03 Aug 2010

I have a problem were i don't have any back up disks for Vista Home prem. I have a a6027.uk Hp Pavillion which has a back hard (I think) but say if i got a new motherboard the problem would be how i install vista without a disk

I havent got a clue evn if the back hard has vista on it or what ever

slimbutfat 01:14 03 Aug 2010

Sorry for the spelling got alot to do and very little time

tullie 04:19 03 Aug 2010

Dont worry about the spelling and being in a hurry,everyones in bed anyway.What do you mean by back hard,do you mean your hard drive?Make back up discs before you do anything,you will still have your hard drive with operating system on it.

Woolwell 12:08 03 Aug 2010

HP's have a partition with the recovery on it.
You can create a recovery disc (once only) by going to all programs - PC Help and Tools and then Recovery Disc Creation. The problem however is that this is a recovery disc not a Vista disc and will have drivers etc for your current set up.

Why do you want a new motherboard?

slimbutfat 23:38 03 Aug 2010

The reason being is that when im on ventrilo the sound screws sometimes i can hear my friends voice and sometimes i can't so im thinking my sound chip srewing up

Woolwell 00:00 04 Aug 2010

Update the drivers first. Could be down to internet connection too.

Woolwell 00:02 04 Aug 2010

ps probably easier to disable onboard sound (if that is what you have) and install a separate sound card than change the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?