HP Pav L.top,fan ALWAYS on,would ssd help matters?

buel 08:26 17 Jun 2010

Hello, my gf has a HP Pavillion Dv4-1000ea laptop that has an incredibly annoying problem of getting hot rather quickly and the fan nearly always being on which means that most of the time it is on nearly full blast, which, over time, is incredibly annoying and frustrating! I believe this is a common problem with these laptops, partly due to the fan being face-down to whatever surface the laptop is on! Anyway, my question is would replacing the hard drive with a ssd drive combat this problem please?

gengiscant 08:43 17 Jun 2010

I very much doubt if swapping to a SSD harddrive will have any effect on the cooling fan noise.
You could get yourself a cooling pad which will raise the laptop off the surface, I have one which also tilts and has extra usb connections.

Also make sure that the fans are dust free, a soft brush is excellent, nick/borrow a makeup brush from your girlfriend or a small paintbrush is ideal.

laptop cooling pads.click here

birdface 08:52 17 Jun 2010

When it is running like that open Task Manager and see if anything using up all of the CPU.
If nothing running on the computer system idle process should be showing about 95% under CPU and that is normal.
Maybe some drivers needing updated check device manager first.

birdface 08:54 17 Jun 2010

Maybe get some help from HP.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone