HP Officejet 500

maveric 10:17 08 May 2005

Hi, I have installed the above on my wifes pc. I got the new drivers for xp from the HP site. The pc dose not communicate with the printer. All software seems to be installed OK and printer is set as default. Any idears what I could try? Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 10:18 08 May 2005

Is it parallel or USB? If the former, do you have the correct cable? Did the printer work on any other PC?

maveric 10:26 08 May 2005

Diodorus Siculus
Yes it worked fine on other pc. Have used the same cable it came with (parallel) It told me to conect direct, was through a scanner before, but that did not work either

Diodorus Siculus 10:31 08 May 2005

Do you have any other parallel peripheral that you can connect to the PC to see if the parallel port works?

maveric 10:35 08 May 2005

Yes the old printer was working fine, all I have done is swap!(May swap back at this rate :( )

Eric10 11:33 08 May 2005

Is this the download page you've had? click here. Have you checked the printer port setting as specified?

I don't quite understand when you say it was previously connected through a scanner as the Officejet 500 is an all-in-one device that includes a scanner of its own.

maveric 12:37 08 May 2005

Eric10,
Yes the port is ECP as asked. Yes that is the download page I got, and the old printer was connected through a scanner. Still no luck though, thanks for trying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?