HP NC8000 SD Card Reader Driver

Squirrel1 13:41 06 Sep 2008

I have a HP NC8000 Notebook and have managed to get the drivers for everything all but the SD card reader.

I am running both Win 2K and XP SP2.

Can anyone suggest where I might get hold of the driver. No it is not listed oh the HP web site.

Any suggestions?

tullie 13:52 06 Sep 2008

I assume that you have tried the HP Website,there are a number of card reader drivers on therE.Have you tried uninstalling from control panel,then restarting PC.Sorry,just noticed you have tried website,there are card reader drivers there,but dident notice if yOur model was there.
May i ask what happened to original drivers?No disc from HP?

Squirrel1 16:06 06 Sep 2008

Sorry but I didn't have one when I acquired this machine.

I did have a bit of difficulty getting a LAN driver for another HP/Compaq machine. I had to download it via a link from a forum off the Intel web site.

I do not know what type/make the card reader is, otherwise I could try the manufacturer of the card reader.

Any suggestions?

tullie 16:11 06 Sep 2008

IF you uninstall the device in cotrol panel and reboot,will windows not install it for you?

Squirrel1 16:21 06 Sep 2008

This device does not work because there is no drivers installed for it and windows cannot find any drivers for it.
Under device manager there is a warning next to 'Base System Device' and PCI Modem.

All I need are the drivers!

Any More Suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie