hp laptop problem

bighuddy 10:26 01 Aug 2009

I have a hp compaq 6720s laptop.My mains adaptor was faulty and replaced it with a new one.The adaptor part which plugs into the laptop is getting very hot to the point it has melted the yellow plastic part on the end and therefore is causing problems trying to charge the laptop.
Could this be a problem with the laptop?? or another faulty mains adaptor??

birdface 10:45 01 Aug 2009

Looks like it could be a bit of a fire hazard.Are you sure that they have given you the proper power adapter for your computer.
They have been recalling some HP laptops for faulty batteries etc.Maybe better going to their website and checking your model out.
If under warranty maybe maybe take it or send it back.

bighuddy 10:49 01 Aug 2009

i think it maybe the laptop has the original mains adaptor did the same thing!!! Ive had the laptop 10 months which i got free through my phone contract online, so it would be a nightmare to send back to try and get it rectified. Think i may habve to bite the bullet and take it into a repair center to get it checked out!!!

birdface 11:24 01 Aug 2009

Does not matter if you got it free you are paying for it through your online contract.
The computer itself will have at least a 1 year warranty on it.
So not sure if you take it back to where you got it from or send it to the makers.
Best phoning or going into where you got it from and asking them.
I am sure someone on here can give you the proper advice to your legal rights on having it repaired.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone