Hp laptop had supra saving virus, tried to remove now no internet connection

SharonDavies 16:46 23 Aug 2014

Please someone help! My uncle brought his laptop to me 2 weeks ago, it had a supra savings virus on it. Horrible thing.

I deleted what i could and then ran a MBAM MalwareBytes Anti-Malware free program which quarantined a load of items (which I then deleted) and now it won't connect to the internet. It recognises the WIFI and shows the signal is strong but it just won't connect. I've restored it, and it's the same (and now I'm getting a SafeAssist message all the time) so I've deleted what I can of safe assist, ensured that the settings on internet explorer are reset and still nothing. I'm looking everywhere for an answer but I'm stumped.

I'm also not the most techy person in the world, I can get by, but I am struggling to find any answers online.

Please can anyone help?

Sharon

Jollyjohn 19:36 23 Aug 2014

Go to control panel - add / remove programs - tick the box to "Show updates" - wait while list populates then scroll down looking for Internet Explorer update - once found select it and uninstall.

This will roll IE back one version and remove all nasties.

whilst at add / remove programs you may see a few programs installed on the same date, about the date things first when oops, remove all of these programs - reboot

Go start - All programs - look for Internet Explorer No add ons and open this. type in www.gogle.co.uk and Enter. Then open options and set google as your home page, for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone