HP Laptop G7000

annemaries 19:48 18 Jan 2009

My sons HP laptop wont even switch on, we thought it needed a new power charger and bought a new one but there is still no power going into the laptop at all. The charger is fine because the green light is coming on and it is brand new. We are not very pc literate and do not understand what is wrong. The laptop is only 1 year old but has passed its warranty period. Can anyone out there give us any advice. thanks a stressed mum and unhappy son!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:58 18 Jan 2009

Try removing the battery and boot up on mains only.

If still no good then looks like possibly a loose DC jack or blown power board.

annemaries 20:01 18 Jan 2009

Thank you, we will give that a try. If it is a loose DC jack is that expensive to get fixed or if it is a blown power board would we be better just purchasing a new laptop. Thanks again for responding so quickly. am

birdface 20:11 18 Jan 2009

Granddaughter had the same problem.They told her it was the battery that was the problem.It was still under warranty so they sent it away and fitted a new one.No problems since.There is known problems with HP batteries on some models.And they were getting replaced free.

annemaries 20:20 18 Jan 2009

Thanks Buteman, I think we will contact HP for advice as I do think it is a battery problem. thanks again for responding, it has given us some hope!!

annemaries 18:45 19 Jan 2009

HP are going to arrange collection of the laptop and repair. How is that for customer service?

Debbie46 14:05 22 Jan 2010

Hi I seem to be having same problem with my daughter's laptop am on third charger and after a while don't seem to charge up. Do you know the number that I could contact HP on. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?