hp laptop boot cd/dvd boot difficulties

Terrorizer 07:23 08 Feb 2015

Hello, I bought yesterday Probook 4330s. It had linux on it. I tried to use bootable windows dvd to reinstall system but it didnt work. I changed priority in bios, the cd/dvd is first on the list. I also disabled fast boot, and enabled uefi. But it always booted from hard drive. I noticed that after pressing F9 there were some boot devices to choose but no cd/dvd over there. People write about safe boot disabling. I have been searching for it in my bios whole night but it is not there for sure... Anyways i used some tool in bios to remove everything from hard disc. Now, its not booting anything and pressing any button gives me advanced system diagnostic. Only bios opens under f10. Any ideas how to install this system?

robin_x 12:04 08 Feb 2015

Sometimes CD/DVDs are referred to as Optical Drives (ODDs). Or it may be faulty or disabled in BIOS.

Was it a business laptop?

Check BIOS for any restrictions. Disable Secure Boot. Enable any legacy mode or MBR (instead of UEFI) options if you have them.

If you still can't boot from CD/DVD you can try booting from USB Flash.

On a working computer...

Make an iso file from Windows DVD. Use Imgburn to do this.

click here

(A lot of Freeware comes with unwanted stuff now. Install Unchecky first to aid not installing junk by mistake)

click here

Use Rufus to burn the iso to Flash Drive (8GB+)

click here

When done, power down the laptop, insert USB Flash and reboot. (USB priority must be higher than HDD)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:25 08 Feb 2015

Disable UEFI - only need if you have a GPT Hard Disk drive or a disk over 2GB.

Now try F9 and see if it gives you the DVD drive otion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?