HP laptop battery message

Daisy22 17:27 17 Aug 2010

For the last few days if my laptop isn't plugged in it is running out of battery life very quickly, maybe 10 minutes. I've also had an error message pop up telling me that there appears to be a battery problem and it needs replacing.

The machine is only 18 months old, it is never on for more than 5-6 hours per day is this normal to run down so quickly.

Ever since I've had the machine the underneath of it gets very hot to the point where I can't actually have it on my lap without something underneath it.

Are these problems normal? Any suggestions as to how I replace the battery (buying one) appreciated. Thanks

northumbria61 17:38 17 Aug 2010

If you need a replacement battery - click here

Remove your battery and there should be a "long number" - looks like a serial number - scroll down the list to find that number and click on it.

northumbria61 17:50 17 Aug 2010

Or choose from here - click here

"Ever since I've had the machine the underneath of it gets very hot to the point where I can't actually have it on my lap without something underneath it."

Yes it is quite normal.

"The machine is only 18 months old, it is never on for more than 5-6 hours per day is this normal to run down so quickly."

Most manufacturers only guarantee battery life for 6 months.

northumbria61 17:55 17 Aug 2010

Found this site which is better - 3 yr Warranty

click here

woodchip 18:44 17 Aug 2010

It gets hot because its using a Desktop CPU in it, this also runs battery down faster. I have a HP 510 Laptop with old Centrino CPU it does not get hot at all as its a Mobil CPU. But what they have done is fit a cheap small battery, I cannot win, as this runs down after about one and a quarter hour. Not bothered buying a bigger battery as I now also have a Samsung Netbook nc10 that can run on battery up to about ten hours 10 inch screen Loaded with XP home

Daisy22 14:47 15 Oct 2010

I ordered a new battery from the link that Northumbria 61 said to try, and have today received the new battery.

However,it is not the correct one so now I have the problem of trying to change it.

Is this company reputable? Are they good for exchanging or giving money back?

northumbria61 15:14 15 Oct 2010

Daisy 22 - sorry to hear the battery is not the correct one - whether it be your fault (correct one not ordered) or wrong one sent by mistake.

This is a reputable company - I have ordered from them before without any problems and also there is 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - no questions asked 3 Year warranty

Feel free to contact them via this LINK - click here

northumbria61 15:20 15 Oct 2010

Daisy 22 - if you look on the underside of your "old" battery you should see the following information -
1. Part Number
2. Rating - should be something like 14.8v 2200mAh

Number 2 is the most relevant.

Quote this in your email together with your make of laptop.

Daisy22 15:37 15 Oct 2010

Hi Northumbria 61

This was the company I ordered through

If you need a replacement battery - click here (sorry mods I don't know how to make it come up by putting click here)

do you have any details for this company?

northumbria61 16:14 15 Oct 2010

Hi Daisy22 - sorry I thought you had ordered via the link I gave you (my 3rd Link) as it had a 3yr Warranty.

You can contact Laptop Battery Store (where you ordered from) via this LINK - click here

northumbria61 16:16 15 Oct 2010

View their "Returns Policy" here - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires