HP Laptop Battery Fault

J B 19:49 17 Oct 2005

I have just read an article in click here about a fault with HP Laptop battery packs. It is about a third of the way down the page and it highlights a overheating problem with batterys that came with notebooks that were sold from the middle of last year. The article will take you to a website click here which will take you thru a validation process and tell if your battery pack needs to be replaced. This will be at no cost to you. Just hope I put this thread in the right forum. J.B.

Strawballs 22:11 17 Oct 2005

Thanks for that my laptop was in the list that could be affected but when I did the validation by putting in the machine serial number and battery bar code it said that my battery is not one of the affected ones

J B 23:39 17 Oct 2005

The same thing happened to me. At least we both checked, so in theory we are covered. I am going to keep this in the vault just in case HP UK puts something out that is simular. I will check back in the AM to see if there are any more responses. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?