hp G61 laptop won't open any programs

mottvillemama 03:46 10 Aug 2013

My HP G61 has a bad battery, but have had no problems til now. I had the power pack replaced but the light in the front flashes and when I try to open anything it says "this application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close application. Help!

rdave13 07:37 10 Aug 2013

Try running SFC /scannow if you can.Win 7 sfc

Secret-Squirrel 08:54 10 Aug 2013

mottvillemama, if you're unable to run SFC (because you can't open any programs), and this problem's relatively recent, then running the version of System Restore that runs outside of the Windows environment may help:

Turn the laptop on and immediately start tapping the F8 key quickly until you see this screen. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select "Repair your computer" then hit the Enter key to confirm your selection. Follow the on-screen prompts until you get to this screen. Using the mouse, click on "System Restore" and choose an available restore point that pre-dates the start of this problem. Don't go further back than you need to. It's worth mentioning that this won't affect your personal data such as photos, e-mails or other documents.

Please remember to return with some feedback.

PS: A faulty power pack/battery won't affect Windows's ability to open programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?