HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625e Refuses to (re) Install

TheFreelance 04:14 31 Mar 2015

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625e Refuses to Install

My printer is an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625e (4620 series). Firmware Version: CAP1FN1451AR First, this is what I can do with the printer. 1. Print internal ‘Test’ pages and reports. 2. Print documents in all applications from a wireless, networked laptop. 3. Print documents using ePrint. My computer is an HP Omni All-in-one Running Windows 7 Home Premium X64 The issue is I am unable to (re)install the printer on the HP Omni using either ‘Add Printer’, HP downloads or the installation disk. Hoping for a definitive solution. Background: Just over a week ago I upgraded from Office Pro 2010 to Office Pro 2013. When I went to print I noticed the defaultprint was showing as One Note 2013. I selected the HP printer then hit print. I got an error message: Word Cannot Print this Document. There is no printer installed. I tried to print using NotePad and an Adobe document (thinking it may have been Word related only). This did not work. I could print from any application using the Desktop. But, as noted, I can do so from the networked laptop. On opening the Printers folder OneNote was set as the default. I changed the default to the HP printer. No luck. I was told it was not installed. I ran Malwarebytes Premium and Microsoft Security Essentials to check for possible incursions. None. I then tried System Restore. No change. I then tried to repair the print program. No change. I then uninstalled Office 2013. No Change. I then tried the “Add Printer” function. No Luck. I was informed: “Unable to install printer. Some files are missing or incorrect. Reinstall the driver or try using the latest version.” I then tried to reinstall the printer. First as a straight reinstall then second after doing a complete uninstall using Revo Professional Uninstaller and an Advanced Scan. This did not work, yet the printer is recognised as being on the wireless network during the reinstall process . This is what I Cannot do: (Note: during any install attempt I disable both Malware Byes and Windows Security Essentials. I have also attempted installs with the Firewall turned OFF.) 1. Cannot reinstall on the system. It refuses to allow a wireless network installation even though it shows on the install screen. 2. If using ‘Add Printer, it says files missing or incorrect. 3. If installed using HP Download, I am able to input IP Address but it does not show the computer name. It says either. “Computer’s Network Name: Retrieving’ OR ‘Computer’s Network Name: Unable to Retrieve’. 4. When install fails, I get the screen asking to search for a solution which then gives me instructions re a download ‘Helper Application’. 5. After attempting to follow those instructions, the downloaded ‘solution’ does not work. 6. Instead of trying to install over the wireless network I have tried using the USB Install process. The printer then only installs as a ‘Fax’ Printer. On checking the Device Manager – Show Hidden Devices – it shows a ‘Multifunction Device’ with a yellow exclamation mark (!) next to the driver. On checking, it says I need to reinstall the driver. 7. Any attempt to convert the USB connection (even though it only installs as a fax printer) to a wireless connection fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?