HP Deskjet F4100 All in One

tomei 23:11 11 Aug 2009

This printer is only abouts 18 months old and not used much at all. It does print.... well it sounds like it prints a line..... then a 60sec pause..... another line then a 60sec pause. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. There is no paper jam. Just gone 'wireless' but don't know if I should uninstall etc all over again? Print cartridges seem ok too. Help please? Thanks

Audio~~Chip 00:05 12 Aug 2009

Two things to try:-
At the back of the printer, is their a removable door hatch oblong shape, if yes open this and genlty see if you can move the rubber rollers. I am not sure if this model has this door so ignore if it doesn't.

Or pull out genlty the power cord to the machine when the printer is powered off. Then press the Power Button firm a few times. This will remove and static overcharge in the printers internal Power unit just incase this may be the issue.

Will have a look and come back if I find any other ideas. Can you also check your HP Software for this printer is fully updated! and windows updates if any updates.

Also post back which windows you have XP, Vista or Win 7.

Audio~~Chip 00:07 12 Aug 2009

Can you confirm this is a F4100 model or is it a F4140 note ending in 40.

Audio~~Chip 00:09 12 Aug 2009

their is a known issue if its the wireless printer model. Tell us your model or make sure you have the correct updates

Audio~~Chip 00:11 12 Aug 2009

In the box on the left where is says Enter Product name/number put in the F4xxxx number then you will or may get a short list of other printers which you need to choose from then next go to the choice of windows for the correct drivers.

There is a patch about 29MB for Wireless issues. If I am looking at the correct printer.

tomei 01:20 12 Aug 2009

click here

I found this and 'Palermo' has taken me thro and I'm back to good printing!
Hope this helps folks! It's an HP chat line!!! Really good! Thanks as always on this site too. Nice to give back a little something this site often gives me!

bigduvat 17:43 13 Aug 2009

I took my printer back to the retailer and pointed out that under the "sale of goods act" I was entitled to a replacement printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?