HP Deskjet 995c

alexgray104 18:24 20 Jul 2006

Hi,
I have the above printer but unfortunately it doesn't work. I got a full refund but for some deranged reason they told me to keep the printer and scrap it myself - I didn't expect this as is was quite an expensive printer. Anyway, I am going to get a very similar model - the 970cxi - could I use this printer for spares or would I get more money for it if I listed it as faulty and sold on ebay? or even dismantled and sold spares on ebay? Anybody ever done this with a printer, if yes, it make at least something worthwhile, rather than scrapping? Cheers, Alex

silverous 18:52 20 Jul 2006

No harm in trying it on ebay. Re: spare parts, do they take same ink? That could be handy however fixing even an identical inkjet might be tricky unless you know what you are doing. Printers are becoming almost throw away these days with ink costing almost as much as a new printer. You might find someone on ebay who fancies a go at refurbishing it but I can't see how, other than maybe ink, it will be of much use to you personally unless virtually identical to new one.

alexgray104 19:34 20 Jul 2006

cheers silverous, will give it a go on eBay. Thanks, Alex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017