HP D2560 printer

guesswho2 21:38 17 Mar 2011

I have just installed this printer on a Windows XP Pro machine and it works satisfactorily except that when I press the "Printer Services" button (to check on ink level) on the printer dialog box, an Error message appears: "Unable to perform this operation". I have been all round the houses trying to find a solution and it appears to be tied up with an HP Add-on 100.0.14173.0 which is incompatible with IE8. The fact that my default browser is Firefox doesn't seem to avoid this problem. Can anyone help?

VLADTHEOGRE 21:49 17 Mar 2011

We've got rid of our 2 HP printers. Used HP for many years, but not any more.

Just recently, the hassle we've been having (like you have) has been unbelievable. HP need to concentrate on supporting their software, and NOT be out to sell you something all the time via their highly spurious software without which, they claim, the programme/printer might not work correctly. Their Customer Participation Programme (at a staggering 190+MB) is a typical example. Don't want it, so untick it. Result....printer throws wobblies from that point on.

Never again. We've returned to Epson, and printing is immediate and without hassle again!

My advice: Change to another brand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?