HP C5280 "Refer to printer documentation" error

Widow's Son 15:18 18 Aug 2009

The message "Refer to printer documentation" now appears in the display window below a heading !> Print Cartridges. Also the orange "!" symbol below and to the left is flashing.

I've tried removing and reseating print cartridges, and also replacing them. Same result. I could find nothing in the documentation referring to this message.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

crosstrainer 15:22 18 Aug 2009

Unplug the printer from the PC.

Shut down

Re-boot the pc, and re-install the drivers from your original insatllation cd or download:

click here

Install the drivers, and only connect the printer when prompted to do so..

Hope this helps :))

crosstrainer 15:23 18 Aug 2009

Missed the really important part...After you unplug the printer, go to control panel and remove all software realting to the printer. then follow the steps above.

Widow's Son 15:34 18 Aug 2009

Can't find installation disks. I;m downloading the drivers from HP and will give it a try

Widow's Son 16:47 18 Aug 2009

The fact that the error comes up on the printers lcd screen even when disconnected from the pc (and when its been turned off/on when disconnected) would lead me to believe the problem is with the printer and not a driver issue

crosstrainer 17:15 18 Aug 2009

Yes, It looks as if you need a new one..:((

Widow's Son 17:55 18 Aug 2009

A cartridge issue. Cartridge had initially been replaced with a refill - new cartridge has sorted it

Thanks for your input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?