HP C4500 Printer problems

the old man 18:58 06 Nov 2010

Hello Peeps,
Have been using above printer with Windows7 wirelessly with no problems. Have moved in with girlfriend and am trying to get printer attached to work on new network. However, cannot get printer to work at all. Have deleted printer and all associated software and trying to re-install. When it starts to install, an error message comes up saying that installation is cancelled because there is an issue with 'Run as......' command.
I am the only user on my computer so have a default setting of administrator so cannot figure out why the problem has arisen. Never happened when I first installed software and printer when I bought it.
Any ideas??????

the old man 19:13 06 Nov 2010

Sorry, make should read C4580

the old man 19:40 06 Nov 2010

Now having problems installing a new driver off HP website. Error is ".......7zS6F22\Setup\hpzprl01.exe" -inf -m preload

morddwyd 20:07 06 Nov 2010

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but if your HP printer is anything like my last two you must connect to the wireless network before installing the software.

You also need to do an L3 uninstall to get rid of the previous installation completely.

Load your HP software disk but don't let it run.

Navigate to \util\ccc\uninstall_L3.bat and run it.

You can't get to this file from a downloaded update - you have to use the original disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?