HP all in one printer problem

Graham ® 09:32 12 Apr 2005

I and a friend both have a hp psc 1215 printer installed on XP.

If you start the PC with the printer switched off, a 'printer error' icon appears in the systemtray. Right clicking gives options of 'Status' (shows 'Disconnected') or 'Close'.

Choosing Close removes the icon, but produces an error window 'HP Officejet Com Event Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close'.

Leaving the icon alone, it eventually hides.

HP have no solution so far. Surely you shouldn't need to switch the printer on every time you startup?

spuds 10:34 12 Apr 2005

Have you considered re-installing the latest drivers!.

Graham ® 12:12 12 Apr 2005

Thanks, yes, the only patch available was for shutdown problems. I downloaded it anyway - no joy.

TomG 12:23 12 Apr 2005

Mine does the same - I just ignore it and as you say it goes away.

Graham ® 15:03 12 Apr 2005

Well, it's time HP listened to the roaring masses and admitted it's a problem they can't fix!

I have removed all HP devices from the msconfig Startup menu, but when I restart they've come back! Why should that be?

Graham ® 10:24 14 Apr 2005

Problem solved, please click here

Foursquare 10:09 05 Apr 2006

Since installing MS XP Home SP2 my printer refuses to obey. Each time I try it sets up a queue and will not print until I shut down and restart my PC. I do not share with anyone, I am not a company, and even though I have cleared the Shared Cpmputer Box still I have the same problem, which is now become really irritating.

Graham ® 10:21 05 Apr 2006

This thread is a year old! You may get a better response if you start a new subject - perhaps entitled 'SP2 printer problem'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires