HP 840c printer - stopping endless test pages?

RoA 12:09 15 Sep 2004

Can anyone out there advise me if there is any immediate action I can take to stop the interminable test pages containing all the print characters that spew forth from the printer after resetting it after a fault (e.g. multiple loading of blank A4 sheets/blockage). Even switching off the PC does not stop it as the test page flood continues after rebooting.
Any advice gratefully received

gunner-joe 16:09 16 Sep 2004

Try entering the default printer settings by entering the control panel. Click on FILE Then you can pause or cancel any printing from the drop-down menu. If you get this far, I suggest you try a quick print of the quickest/lowest quality as to ascertain that it is working. Failing that. Unplug and give it a quick dustoff (ensuring that the heads and print rollers are clean and unobscured) You may still have blockages which would explain the constant
test sheets spewing out. PS DON'T GIVE UP. HP are good printers. Also hp.com give out routine advice for troubleshooting. You could try their website. I do not reccomend PC WORLD for repairs though. Good Luck

gunner-joe 16:13 16 Sep 2004

Sorry, After entering the control panel, then click on printer/faxes first. That will take you to the printer settings. Apologies for the
mistake ...sniff...sniff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?