HP 7520 printer not printing both blacks

robhawk 21:57 04 Nov 2013

This printer has two black ink cartridges. The left-hand one (for photographs) will not print. I believe that if I could set the printer preferences to text and not to photo it ought to be possible still to print out in a draft. But I cannot find out how to set the printer preferences. Can anyone help?

hastelloy 07:53 05 Nov 2013

I'm afraid I can't help with your problem but those who can might need to know which printer you have.

Also, it is unwise to put you email on an open forum - great for spammers though.

compumac 08:34 05 Nov 2013

Does the HP7520 cater for the photo black and text black in the unit at the same time?

compumac 08:59 05 Nov 2013

Just checked and it appears that you do have both black cartridges in at the same time. I would suspect that the printer therefore knows what is being printed and uses the appropriate black for the purpose. On that basis I would suspect that the facility to select which cartridge to use is not offered to the user as it is considered unnecessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017