HP 364 Continuous Ink System

awest3 09:04 20 Feb 2010

Getting fed up paying c£7 each (5) for 3ml of ink in HP cartridges I decided to try a CIS system.
The idea is good, using 100ml (5) tanks of ink giving a supply of ink to the printer which should last for quite a while...100ml refills are only c£15 for the 5.
On buying such a system £50 incl inks I found it was not as straight forward as I expected. The instructions for installation are dire to say the least and rely on a cd which does not actually have my printer hp C6380 listed (in fact there are only 3). You are referred to a youtube video, which is not for my printer and is not for the CISS supplied.
After a few emails asking for advice and simply being referred back to the video's I requested a phone number from them (this is ebay btw). The person who answered the phone (they are based in Surrey) did not have a good command of english and kept referring me back to the video's..he then thought he had sent the wrong system, he based this on the order of the cartridges but he had them the wrong way round, and said he would send another or give me a refund. I said I would have another system,although I said that I believed the system I had was the correct one.
I received an email 2 minutes later saying he had got it wrong and the system I had was correct again referring me to the video's. I rang back and asked for a refund...he was quite happy to do this...but we will see..

So where am I at the moment..I had to take the chips off the existing cartridges and place them on the supplied system...this has resulted in the chips not being recognised..I've put them back on the original cartidges and they are still not recognised..comes up with a message saying that 'the cartridges appear to be missing'..I also had to remove the printhead a couple of times before that was recognised...

Not quite sure where to go from here..is there a way to get the chips recognised..? or do I hev to buy new cartridges...which basically puts me back in the same position...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone