HP 1220C A3 printer will not print yellow.

Sooty123 00:13 14 Jan 2004

Printer cannot print colour properly yellow missing. New cartridge has same problem.

Taff36 09:46 14 Jan 2004

Remove the cartridge and check to see if there is surplus ink on the nozzles that are causing a blockage. If there is you need to clean them with a lint free cloth. Also inside the cover to the right there is a small set of cleaning brushes that can also get clogged. Use a torch to locate them & clean them gently - they may be simply re-clogging your new cartridge.

Have you tried reloading the drivers from the original disk and then running the maintenance test page to see if it makes a difference?

Sooty123 23:36 14 Jan 2004

Taff36

Thanks for the info. I downloaded drivers direct from HP at first has not cleared problem. Tried another cartridge, now will not print any colour.

Taff36 08:01 15 Jan 2004

Sounds as though it`s getting worse not better!

Did you try the manual cleaning I suggested. I`m basing my advice on the HP1120c I`ve had at the office for three years, although my son has a 1220c at home. This sounds more of a mechanical problem to me. If you have the latest drivers I would have thought we start looking at the unit itself - Have you tried it on another computer for example?

How old is your printer and has it worked OK in the past?

Sooty123 23:15 15 Jan 2004

The print heads are spotless. All colours were printing normally until two weeks ago. New drivers were loaded from HP. I was printing a lot of green I thought the cartridge had run out. A new cartridge still would not print yellow and a third one will not print any colour.

My printer does not appear to have any cleaning brushes, but there is a foam based drip tray where the print heads are parked.

Older computer does not have a usb port.

Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?